Sunday, September 26, 2010

great clothes, great cause

I receive a lot of lovely emails from stylish girls, and guys, and one of them caught my eye, an ex-Hong Konger who had come across a very thought provoking blog by Katy Molloy. Katy left the comforts of her London life and decided to venture to Cambodia to work with AFESIP to assist in their mission to stop human trafficking. Seriously admirable. I saw she was modeling some clothing which the local girls make and sell to help support themselves. Their stories are just incredible and it hits home just how much we have, how much we take for granted, and how much our lives revolve around ridiculous things, like the new must-have boot/holiday/jeans la la. I fully realise I am shooting myself in the foot here. Anyway, the clothes are fantastic, well priced and, more importantly, the profits go to a great cause. So I urge you to check them out and make a purchase, if not for you, then for the girls whose lives are not as blessed as ours. Amen. Sermon over. You can read Katy's adventures here and see more fashion and learn about the amazing mission which Jane Heng is leading at Afesip Fair Fashion, here. Purchases can be made by emailing fashionact@afesip.org, post and packaging is not included.

Double knot silk necklace US$9.90 - brightens up simple tops/dresses and makes a great gift

Multi wear wrap dress US$13.97 - perfect for relaxed evenings out and suits everyone

Phnom Penh dress US$11.55 - tunic styles are coming back in, this one is a classic

Love this pic of Katy in the gorgeous wrap dress

3 comments:

出合い said...

日頃出合いがなくてお困りの方は当サイトをご利用するだけで素敵な出合いが体験できること間違いなし!最高の出合いで最高の恋愛をしてみませんか?

出合いサイト said...

今最高にアツい出合いサイトをご存知ですか?恋愛に繋がる出会いは必ずある!ほんとに出合いの無い人だけアクセスして下さい!業者が蔓延しているSNS系サイトよりも出合いサイトが今アツい!

Anonymous said...

Hello would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog
loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a reasonable price?
Kudos, I appreciate it!
Check out my web site Instalación geotermia en Madrid

don't miss out...secretstylist by email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner