Tuesday, August 17, 2010

are you a betty or a joan?

I have just started watching Mad Men, I know, so behind the times. I was hooked on Jack Bauer for so long it took a while before I could look at another box set again. RIP Jack. I am loving Mad Men, the classic lines, the constant smoking and drinking, and of course, the fashion. I am definitely a Betty, love those curls, the nipped in waist, the pastels and the nighties. Joan, on the other hand, is a little fox, her curves almost make me want to eat cake, she struts about in tight sweaters and red dresses, teasing Roger all day long. All this Vintage at Goodwood chat got me thinking, If Betty and Joan were around today what would they wear? I've designed outfits for them, courtesy of Polyvore. For your own take on their looks head to Vintage Hong Kong for glasses, earrings, necklaces and brooches, as well as a good rummage at the dresses. G/F 57-59 Hollywood Road, Central, 2545 9932.

Betty

Joan

Betty DraperFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

39 GBP - missselfridge.com

$65 - topshop.com

$755 - net-a-porter.com

1,199 GBP - farfetch.com

$1,450 - newyorkestatejewelry.com

156 GBP - farfetch.com

$29 - saksfifthavenue.com




Joan HarrisFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

1,125 GBP - matchesfashion.com

$3.99 - amazon.com

$775 - net-a-porter.com

1,558 GBP - matchesfashion.com

314 GBP - farfetch.com

335 AUD - thegrandsocial.com.au

$38 - holtrenfrew.com


tias.com
* images courtesy of Mad Men and Polyvore

No comments:

don't miss out...secretstylist by email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner