Wednesday, October 24, 2007

nesting

I have been neglecting you dear blog, I am so sorry. It's not you, it's me. I'm in nesting mode and homewares is the passion of the moment. I keep reaching for Grazia, my arm does a sharp turn and before I know it I've bought Homes and Gardens, Elle Deco and Living Etc. If you've been through it you will know it's an entirely new shopping pocket, similar to the second tummy you discover when the dessert menu arrives post scoffing a large main and a killer carb starter. Vietnam is the place to satisfy this homing urge. A quick hop and jump to Saigon and you are in silky, lacy, lacquer heaven. There are millions of places to go, but I would make sure you don't miss:
Liti 76E Le Thanh Ton Street, Dist 1 (+848 8247114) for vintage tea sets, pretty lace and antique jewellery boxes.
Song (next door) 76D Le Thanh Ton Street, Dist 1 (+848 824 6986) is sophisticated linens, soft and silky cushions and gorgeous silk and velvet throws. The pretty silk underwear bags are perfect Christmas presents for the girl that has everything.
Ben Thanh Market on Le Thanh Ton, is fantastic for bargain lacquer, clothing and handbags if you can handle the fishy smells, coach loads of tourists and haggling.
Mosaique Boutique 9B Mac Thi Buoi Street, Dist 1 (+848 8234634) for fabulous tall bamboo lamps with dimmer switches (mood lighting baby!), boudoir-like floor cushions in delicious pearly blues and soft pinks, and very stylish tableware.
Gaya 9 Ton That Thiep(+848 914 3769) for trendy lacquer items, yummy bed linen and funky lighting.

No comments:

don't miss out...secretstylist by email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner