Tuesday, September 13, 2011

what's inside...two new hong kong boutiques

Whenever I am approached about a new brand/label/shop I tend to avoid the PR blurb (she says, having forged a career in PR) and make sure I go and see the store, touch the clothes, meet the people etc, before I write anything on the blog about it. That way I can genuinely say I like it / I'd buy it / I'd bother going to the store...la la. As I am in New York at the mo I sent one of my secretstylist spies (Emily of Flaunt fame) to check out two new boutiques in town, Christing C and Alexa & Todd...here is what she discovered...

(please excuse the slightly hazy pics...she was undercover)


Who: Opened by fashion blogger Fashion Hedonism
What: Very cool industrial-style space, perfect for parties
Where: 3/F Kai Kwong House, 13 Wyndham Street, near Toni & Guy (opens 4-8pm, closed Mondays, Sundays appt only)
Style: More edgy going-out-type clothes than casual day wear
Prices: HK$ 1,500 upwards for a dress
Brands we like: Kain, Paper Crown, Mara Hoffman, Maurie & Eve
Suitable for hermits: Yep, you can shop online

Dress we love by Paper Crown



Who: Cynthia, from Australia, who is apparently "super sweet and tiny"
What: Spacious boutique with gorgeous vintage furniture
Where: First Floor, 28 Hollywood Road (opens 11am - 8pm, closed Mondays)
Style: Very secretstylist, some long flowing dresses, cute short jackets, mix of casual and glam, plus they do menswear
Prices: HK$ 1,000 upwards for a dress
Brands we like: Aussie designers such as Alice McCall, Indigo, White Suede
Suitable for hermits: Nope, you need to get off the sun lounger and get down there

Emily looking cute in a silky green number

No comments:

don't miss out...secretstylist by email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner