Thursday, September 24, 2009

boots, bikinis, brides and bold shoulders

Hello my little earthlings. I have a cold. BOO. It doesn't stop me shopping though. Nothing could. There's a lot going on at the mo and quite frankly we've all got rather bored of the summer wardrobe. So we are looking at...

Boots - short little snapper or hooker over the knee long? For short go for grey or black suede ones which are uber ankle slimming, Zara for HK$799 (see left in black). For long try the ones I mentioned on FB, Pedder Red brown leather heeled for HK$1200. Never, I repeat, never wear over the knee with flesh, only black tights or jeans. The boot should be the only sexy thing in your look. That, and your lippy.

Bikinis - gosh I was such a HMB (high maintenance brat) in Sabina Swims the other week. Sabina was amazing and we pretty much went through everything in her gorgeous boutique. She has a fab sale on and she persuades you to try things you never thought would work, the end result? Super slinky new bikini for around HK$600, we always need them.

Brides - a little rant. Avoid Designer Bridal Room, they double booked me and only allowed me to try on 3 dresses. Rubbish. Try designing your own round the corner, at Arthur, opposite Hollywood Terrace and Cafe O, a little gem of a place with a lovely helpful lady.

Bold Shoulders - I am slightly terrified of this trend but eager to experiment. Best bet is Zara, again, try jackets or tops (they have nice blouses - try black or grey marl cotton) and, to go full on, wear a cinched-in belt. Unfortunately, I still look like my mum, gone wrong. So that's it from me. I am en expert, apparently, Sky says...

No comments:

don't miss out...secretstylist by email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner